Franklin Neighborhood Development Corporation (FNDC) is investing in and improving the physical infrastructure, social services, public transportation, education, and job creation for The Historic Monterey Trail District’s residents, and business and property owners.
FNDC is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt and tax-deductible neighborhood development corporation established to facilitate community development and revitalization of The Historic Monterey Trail District’s business and residential neighborhoods.
Since its inception in April 2014, FNDC has raised approximately $70,000 from major contributors, individual donors and in-kind contributions. These funds have been used to develop various elements of the Corporation’s forthcoming Community & Economic Development Strategic Plan (‘Plan’) including a walk and bicycle audit of Franklin Boulevard, urban design drawings for a new streetscape and park projects, economic development and revitalization consulting, business and residential survey collection, and district re-branding efforts.
While the Plan will be complete by early 2017, its implementation has already begun. For example, in December 2015, the City of Sacramento successfully applied for and won a $443,000 Community Design Grant from the Sacramento Area Council of Governments (SACOG) and leveraged an additional $450,000 of public funds for a total of $893,000 in streetscape funds.
Current Projects Underway
- Community & Economic Development Strategic Plan
- Franklin Boulevard Streetscape Project
- Develop an Impactful Mural Project on Franklin Boulevard
- Fundraise to Acquire Property and Build a Park/Plaza
- Create the Sacramento Mercado
- Pilot Commercial Solar Parking Structures
- Pilot a Neighborhood Shuttle on Franklin Boulevard from Sutterville to Florin Roads
- Facilitate placement of a Credit Union bank